(Religious School Kindergarten Teacher Information is below.)
The Communications Coordinator role is to advance and support consistent and high-quality communications for Agudas Achim Congregation (AAC). The Communications Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and, as a member of the administrative team, works on behalf of senior staff in the areas of communications, program coordination, and marketing. If interested send your resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Barry Nove.
• Develops and disseminates accurate and compelling content across the congregation’s media platforms, including social media, the website, weekly e-news, e-mail blasts, and print materials.
• Edits the congregation’s monthly Bulletin (online and print) and weekly print announcements.
• Collaborates with AAC committees and work groups to optimize use of social media and the website to engage members and prospective members.
• Supports AAC senior staff and members in development of engaging programs and effective marketing strategies.
• Manages online program registration.
• Coordinates and produces the congregation’s Master Calendar. Fields requests for calendar updates, compiles all program details, and documents all resource needs for programs and meetings.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Drive, and social media.
• Ability to get up to speed quickly with a relational database (ShulCloud) and other programs.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented; adept at prioritizing and multi-tasking effectively.
• Strong interpersonal skills; team player who thrives in a collegial environment.
• Knowledge of and interest in Jewish culture preferred.
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave, medical insurance, leave early for Shabbat
Kindergarten/ Gan Teacher - General Studies
- Sundays classes are 9:00 am – 12:00 noon. Staff is expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to class and to remain at school until all materials are put away.
- Attendance at staff meetings and professional development workshops as scheduled
- Classes begin September 8th and continue through the end of May.
Salary: Teachers are paid hourly; the rate is dependent on experience and training. At Agudas Achim, teacher pay is very competitive with other synagogues in Northern Virginia.
Job Description: The successful candidate for this position will:
- be prepared for each class, arrive promptly, and maintain classroom harmony;
- submit monthly lessons plans that support the school’s curriculum;
- be in touch with the Education and Youth Director as needed to discuss lesson plans, class needs, and student challenges;
- provide weekly communication with parents;
- submit student progress reports twice a year;
- attend all special programs that include Kindergarten/Gan students and their families;
- foster a learning community where students show respect for the learning, the teacher, for one another, and for our community.
Qualifications: The Kindergarten/Gan teacher will
- be at least 21 years old and eligible to work in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- have an affinity for this age group;
- be welcoming and accepting of all students and their families;
- have knowledge of simple Hebrew, basic blessings, Jewish holidays and traditions, Torah stories, and Jewish values;
- be able to develop lessons that include a variety of educational strategies to reach a wide range of learning needs;
- be able to provide an experiential “hands on learning” environment which includes a range of methods such as creative drama, art, music, storytelling, movement, and games;
- know how to create a safe, orderly environment filled with learning and joy.
Supervision: The Kindergarten/Gan teacher works under the direction and supervision of the Education and Youth Director and is a part of our integrated teaching team. Successful candidates must be able to pass the VA Department of Social Services Background Check within 45 days of being hired.
To apply or for more information, applicants may send an email to Education and Youth Director Chaya Silver or may call the Agudas Achim office 703-998-6460.