Tinok (Baby) Time
Click here for the sign up form.
Mondays 9:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
November 5, 19, 26; December 3, 10, 17
Tinok Time ("tinok" means baby in Hebrew) is a program designed for children younger than two years old and their caregivers. We will introduce the children to the preschool experience in a fun and nurturing way by participating in free play, storytelling, music and movement, and art. The children will also have fun engaging with Jewish practice and themes. We will start each session with havdalah, the ceremony for beginning the week that engages all of the senses. We will also focus our activities each session on a different day of creation. The first session will run for 6 weeks. All are welcome to attend.
Registration for the 2018-2019 School Year
Registration for the 2018-2019 school year has started, and we have a few spots remaining. Please call or emil the Director with questions about availability and mid-year enrollment. Click here for the application packet.
Information about the 2019-2020 school year will be available soon. Mark your calendars:
- Priority Registration for returning families and members of Agudas Achim Congregation begins Monday, December 3
- Open House for prospective families on Tuesday, December 11 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (all are welcome, no RSVP required)
- Open House for prospective families on Wednesday, December 12 from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (all are welcome no RSVP required)
General Registration for new families begins on Thursday, January 3 at 8:00 a.m.
- applications are processed on a first come, first served basis
- a focus on the whole child, ensuring that all children are respected, supported, engaged, and challenged
- a developmentally appropriate approach to teaching
an emphasis on Jewish values such as
- b’tzelem Elohim (we are all created in the image of God)
- derech eretz (common decency and appropriate behavior, literally translated as ‘way of the world')
- kavod (respect for one another)
- tzedakah (helping others)
- spacious, well-equipped play spaces, including our beautiful new outdoor playground, STEAM Lab, and Imagination Playground™
- bi-monthly music and movement classes
- introduction to conversational and liturgical Ivrit (Hebrew), including weekly classes
- family events, such as a Community Thanksgiving Feast and a Yom HaAtzma’ut (Israel’s Independence Day) Celebration
- small class sizes and an experienced, dedicated teaching staff
- flexibility for parents
- a warm and caring school community that welcomes families of all faith traditions and levels of Jewish observance
- children 2-5 years old (must be 2 by September 30)
- classes meet 2, 3, 4, or 5 days a week
- Boker Tov (optional early drop-off) from 7:30 am – 9 am
- Gan Chaverim (core morning program) from 9 am – 1 pm
- Sha’at Mischak (optional afternoons) from 1 pm – 4 pm
- Erev Tov (optional late pick-up) from 4 pm – 5:30 pm M-Th (no Erev Tov on Fridays)
- September – June school year
- July – August summer camp