REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
FOR RETURNING FAMILIES AND MEMBERS OF THE CONGREGATION HAS BEGUN!
General Registration for new families begins on Monday, January 7 at 8:00 a.m. Application forms for new families must be submitted in person and will be processed in the order in which they were received.
Interested in enrolling in this year's program? Contact the director with questions about current availability and mid-year enrollment.
Tinok Time Registration
Sponsored by Agudas Achim Preschool
Tinok Time ("tinok" means baby in Hebrew) is a program designed for children younger than two years old and their caregivers. We will introduce the children to the preschool experience in a fun and nurturing way by participating in free play, storytelling, music and movement, and art. The children will also have fun engaging with Jewish practice and themes. We will start each session with havdalah, the ceremony for beginning the week that engages all of the senses. Each week we will focus on a different classic storybook with reading, songs, and games. . The second session will run for 6 weeks. All are welcome to attend. Please join us!
When: Mondays, 9:15 am - 10:30 am (1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/25, 3/4, 3/11, with a make up day on 3/18)
Where: Agudas Achim Congregation 2908 Valley Drive Alexandria, VA 22302
How: Please complete this form and return it to Agudas Achim Congregation, along with $60, payable by check or credit card.
- a focus on the whole child, ensuring that all children are respected, supported, engaged, and challenged
- a developmentally appropriate approach to teaching
an emphasis on Jewish values such as
- b’tzelem Elohim (we are all created in the image of God)
- derech eretz (common decency and appropriate behavior, literally translated as ‘way of the world')
- kavod (respect for one another)
- tzedakah (helping others)
- spacious, well-equipped play spaces, including our beautiful new outdoor playground, STEAM Lab, and Imagination Playground™
- bi-monthly music and movement classes
- introduction to conversational and liturgical Ivrit (Hebrew), including weekly classes
- family events, such as a Community Thanksgiving Feast and a Yom HaAtzma’ut (Israel’s Independence Day) Celebration
- small class sizes and an experienced, dedicated teaching staff
- flexibility for parents
- a warm and caring school community that welcomes families of all faith traditions and levels of Jewish observance
- children 2-5 years old (must be 2 by September 30)
- classes meet 2, 3, 4, or 5 days a week
- Boker Tov (optional early drop-off) from 7:30 am – 9 am
- Gan Chaverim (core morning program) from 9 am – 1 pm
- Sha’at Mischak (optional afternoons) from 1 pm – 4 pm
- Erev Tov (optional late pick-up) from 4 pm – 5:30 pm M-Th (no Erev Tov on Fridays)
- September – June school year
- July – August summer camp