atid! (OUR TEEN PROGRAM)
This year our focus is on choice and flexibility to allow students to see how they can “know,” “learn,” “do,” and “be” Jewish in their everyday lives.
Sundays beginning October 14
- Fall Term: Life Cycle Class (meets 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon)
- Winter Term: Jewish Teen Philanthropy (meets 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon)
- Spring Term: Join 8th – 12th graders for special events
8th, 9th, and 10th Graders
Sundays from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon beginning October 14
- Fall Term Choices: Jewish Cooking or Creating Jewish Art
- Winter Term Choices: Purim – It’s History, the Shpiel, and Reading the Megillah or Madrich in Training
- Spring Term: Everyone together for special events and Israel Seminar with our Shlicha, Miri.
11th and 12th Graders (Independent Study)
If you are not involved with the Religious School already, we want you to develop your own way of integrating your life with Jewish values and learning. Are you a Scout? Let’s apply some Jewish learning to the work that you already do. Do you volunteer at the library? At a shelter? Let’s figure out how to see that work from a Jewish perspective. Contact Rachel Albert, Teen Engagement Coordintaor at email@example.com to discuss how you can create something great.
Need community service hours? ATID! CAN HELP!
Calling all post-B’nai Mitzvah teens to take part in an odyssey of Torah reading ability and agility. You are invited to join an inaugural group of Torah readers who will demonstrate their mastery of Torah Trop in the new “Torah Troop.”
For reading Torah after your Bar/Bat-Mitzvah 5 times in one year, you will be recognized by the congregational community with a certificate of achievement and a surprise gift. However, for teens who like a real challenge, reading 8 (or more) aliyot in one year will garner a certificate of achievement and a more significant gift.
A year will be counted from Simchat Torah, when we begin reading the Torah anew, through Sukkot. Have no fear, you will be guided and supported to reach your goal.
To sign up to read an aliyah, contact Margot Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information contact Rachel Goldberg at email@example.com.