The Caring Committee of AAC
The Caring Committee represents the heart of the Agudas Achim Congregation by linking requests from congregants who need help with fellow congregants who are willing to help.
A request for help is shared with the AAC office who then contacts the Caring Committee. The Caring Committee emails the request to congregants and then someone volunteers to assist the congregant. These occasional requests for help offer congregants flexibility that fit into their schedules, location and activity preferences.
Examples of the types of assistance through the Caring Committee (in conjunction with AA Rides) include:
- Providing a meal to congregants when recovering from a medical procedure or upon returning from out of town shiva
- Visiting congregants in the hospital or recovery at home
- Assisting with or running errands such as going grocery shopping
- Providing a ride to AAC for services or an event
- Driving congregants to medical appointments
- Attending a shiva minyan in your neighborhood
The initial list of congregants volunteering to provide these services were identified through an online survey of congregants. If you are a new member of AAC or your personal situation now allows you to occasionally be called upon to help a fellow congregant, please contact:
AAC Rides program
AAC Caring Committee is excited to announce AAC’s new partnership with NV Rides. Through this partnership, AAC Caring Committee will be expanding its ability to offer rides to congregants and volunteer opportunities for drivers. Watch for program details in the upcoming months.
Both the Caring Committee and Bereavement Committee are looking for volunteers to help fellow congregants by preparing meals, visiting, doing errands, taking a Shomer/Shomeret shift, and other activities. Please contact the AAC office to volunteer.